I am setting out to document my journey with 'The Law of Attraction', what better way than to create a blog about what I want to bring into my life and how and when it actually does arrive.
For those of you who may be reading this, you may not know or understand what 'The Law of Attraction' is all about. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to this question. There are a lot of books and websites out there dedicated to The Law of Attraction and most are excellent but I dare say none are all inclusive. None are set up to actually go into all the details of what the Law of Attraction is and what it isn't.
In a nutshell, the Law of Attraction states that what we put out as thoughts, feelings, and emotions act as a magnet and we, in time, will get back what we put out. To put it in simple terms..think back on your life and answer the following questions.
- Have you ever been thinking about someone for a day or two, someone who you may not have talked with in months or years, then out of the blue that person calls you? Or maybe you ran into that person at the grocery store or even at a redlight.
- Have you ever been thinking of a song, a song that isn't that popular or maybe it was an old song and that song actually come on the radio or television?
- Have you ever had a dream that came true?
Let me give you a person example of something that happened to me about two weeks ago. It starts with a Youtube video. I was watching Law of Attraction success stories. I came across one where a man was saying in order to test this Law, he decided to picture in his head the exact parking space he wanted at work. He imagined pulling into this space over and over.. then that next morning, that exact same parking space was available. He went on to say he would do this all the time and more times than not, he would get the parking space he wanted.
This is a very simple illustration of the Law of Attraction but it is something YOU can do today in order to get a great idea of how it works.
I decided to try it myself.
I knew I was going to the mall for a shopping trip with my sis. For about 1 to 2 hours before I was to pick her up, I pictured the exact spot I wanted. I imagined everything in extreme detail. I saw the spot. I heard the rain on the roof of the car (It was raining that day), I imagined turning the car off and putting my cell phone in my pocket. Every single detail was in my head and I went over that mini movie in my head over and over.
Finally, we made it to the mall and I was approaching the spot I had imaged. I had told my sister on the way to the mall, she informed me that I was crazy and this 'new age' stuff doesn't work. She has a right to her opinion but I had to laugh when she saw the *EXACT* spot I had told her about was open. Out of a very crowded parking lot, I got the very space I told her I would get in the first row at the front of the mall.
Is she now a believer? Not exactly but she gave me this idea. She said I should create a blog and publicly post what I want and how I will manifest it into reality..then when it happens, I would have 'proof' of it.
After thinking about this, I realized she was on to something. This is a great way to document my eventual success and it is also a way to reach out to other "LOAers" and share stories. Motivate and educate each other I believe other people contribute to the success of all. I know I feel much better about things if I watch success stories or read about how the Law of Attraction works with others.
I am relatively new to this. I only started reading about the Law around June 25, 2012. I read 'The Secret' of course and that is how I got introduced to this Law. After The Secret, I found out about Vision Boards, which is something I've *very* interested in. I find Vision Boards very interesting and compelling in many ways.
Unfortunately, it didn't take long to run into all the 'self help' pay sites that promise to teach you how to visualize your dreams into reality.. Excuse me? They are going to teach me to use my imagination?!? Does anyone NOT know how to use their imagination?
Anyway, this post is just a small intro as to what this blog will be about and a little about myself. My next blog will be about the SPECIFIC thing I will have before December 21, 2012.
Now I will ask everyone to please leave comments or share your own story about the Law of Attraction. Questions? Ask because if you don't ask, I can't answer. I can't promise I will know the answers to every question about the Law but I will certainly try to help in any way I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment