Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My first destination

In an earlier post, I told everyone about how I will have a white 2012 Toyota Tacoma by December 21, 2012 and how this represents Freedom for me. I will use this truck in my many upcoming travels. I will use this truck to see parts of the United States that I have never seen. 

My first road trip destination?
Whatever the case, Point Pleasant has embraced it's history and The Mothman. Hundreds of people travel there from around to country. In 2003, The Mothman got it's own  12 foot tall statue in the middle of town. The Mothman Museum and Research Center opened in 2005 and is run by Jeff Wamsley. The Mothman Festival is a weekend long event held on the 3rd weekend of every September.
I can't wait for my first road trip! 



Point Pleasant, West Virginia - So, why Point Pleasant?  Well, I'm into the unexplained. I believe there is much more to this world than what we see and know and I believe in the supernatural. I believe there are mysteries that humans will never be able to solve and one of those mysteries revolve around Point Pleasant, West Virginia.

From November 15, 1966 to December 15, 1967, the Mothman terrorized the small West Virginia town of Point Pleasant. Hundreds of sightings were reported by credible eyewitnesses. People were seeing a winged humanoid with a grey scaly skin and red, glowing eyes lurking about the streets of this small farm town.

During the same time as the Mothman was being sighted, some people also said they saw UFOs and were having Men in Black encounters. Radio and TV signals were also effected throughout Point Pleasant for exactly 13 months

Many people think of 'The Mothman' as an omen for tragedy. On December 15, 1967 the collapse of the Silver Bridge and the death of 46 people ended ALL sightings of The Mothman. Many people of Point Pleasant say the Mothman sightings were a warning that this tragedy was going to happen. Others pass it off as a hoax.

I am FASCINATED by this story and I will go there to see this statue and tour this small town and I will go in my new truck. This is the first place I will go. I visualize driving there, parking along the main street and walking around downtown. I plan on taking a picture with this statue and learning about everything that, I believe, happened in this town.

There is a movie about this subject entitled "The Mothman Prophecies" starring Richard Gere. It is a good movie that is worth watching but it could have been so much better. There was, at one time, an *EXCELLENT* documentary up on Netflix about The Mothman. It is called "The Eyes of the Mothman", if it is still on Netflix, I *HIGHLY* suggest it as it goes into detail on every single aspect. Everything is here, from modern interviews with the eyewitnesses to details about what was reported and tours of where these things supposedly happened.

If you're interested in the Mothman, this is a must see.

To learn more about the Mothman Festival. Click HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment